[Reblog] The Earth Will One Day Be Buried Under Unrecyclable Copies of "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Don't know who blogged the original one. Anyway, they should have made those books with glue that can be recycled. I don't know about the Hungarian copies. Once I was browsing in a second-hand book store, and a woman was searching for the books. She was told by the saleswoman, that they were out, but more was always coming in. So yeah, apparently a lot of people bought it because of the hype, but didn't care for it. I'd be curious about such statistics. Getting books electronically definitely solves this problem. So go paperless. I have. :D

................................................................................................................

By

Now that the Fifty Shades of Grey mania is finally beginning to die down a little—at least, until the movie is released—the UK has found themselves with a gigantic problem: People want to get rid of their books, but they can't recycle them because the glue used to bind the pages is unrecyclable.

Instead, according to The Telegraph, they're donating the books, and booksellers are ending up with "paper mountains" of unwanted Fifty Shades copies. As one books manager put it: "Nobody wants it anymore."

Read the full article