[Reblog] The Anna & the French Kiss Paris Tour

Original post: http://aeris.booklikes.com/post/582314/the-anna-the-french-kiss-paris-tour

This is such a lovely post, I had to share it. Sounds like a great plan! If I ever get to Paris, I'm totally doing it.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The Anna & the French Kiss Paris Tour

After reading Anna and the French Kiss I realized I hadn't seen/done most of the stuff Anna and Etienne discover in Paris, which is particularly ridiculous since I've lived 20 minutes from Paris for most of my life and am about to start living IN Paris in a few weeks.

So, about a year ago, I started a check-list of all major places and under cover of "Getting to know the City of Lights" with a couple of friends (who don't read so wouldn't get why I was doing these specific places...) I got to see some of them and fangirl (internally, but still) :)

1. Notre-Dame de Paris Cathedral

“I had to. I couldn’t wait for you to come down, I couldn’t wait any longer. I had to see you now. I have to know—”

Visited the inside of the Cathedral first and then did the "Gargoyl Tour" (OK, it's probably not called like that but it's the best I can do.) You go high up and see the "roofs" of the Cathedral and you have the most amazing view of Paris. Unfortunately, we did this on a very rainy/windy day and we were so cold we probably didn't get the full effect. Definitely deserves a redo on a beautiful spring day.

2. Shakespeare and Company Library

"Fair enough.” He holds up a collection of poetry. Pablo Neruda. “Have you read this?”

I shake my head.

“Good. Because I just bought it for you.”

This is a tiny library full of books written in...wait for it...ENGLISH. I've been told that my mom used to bring me there as a child but as I have no recollection of this I went back last year and was in awe. It's so cute and quirky, books everywhere, up to the ceiling... you can even get something hot to drink and just read on the terrace outside. Paradise, right?

3. The Pantheon

Quick, I need a distraction! I blurt out the first thing that comes to mind. “Race you!” And I run toward the closest crypt entrance. My pounding feet echo throughout the building, and the tourists are al staring

I. Am. Going. To. Die. Of. Embarrassment.

And then—he shoots past me. I laugh in surprise and pick up speed.

I've done this one, and it wasn't as creepy as the Catacombs were. It's actually really pretty! And anything with a bench with Antoine de Saint Exupery in it is definitely worth my time.

4. Le Père Lachaise Cemetary

“Really?” I ask. “Shiny wang?”

“Very,” St. Clair says.

“Now that’s something I’ve gotta see.” I gulp my coffee dregs, wipe the bread crumbs from my mouth, and hop up. “Where’s Victor?”

“Allow me.” St. Clair springs to his feet and takes off. I chase after him.

Haven't done this yet, but it's next on the list :D I might have to check out Victor Noir's statue, for, um, luck.

5. Cinéma Le Champo

“Do you like it?” I whisper.

He pauses. “The film?”

I’m thankful the shadows hide my blush.

“I like it very much,” he says.

I risk a glance, and St. Clair stares back. Deeply. He has not looked at me like this before. I turn away first, then feel him turn a few beats later.

I know he is smiling, and my heart races.

Anna is a movie afficionado, and although I can't claim the same title because I, um, probably don't have a "serious" enough taste in movies, I do go often and I love it. Now, I haven't gone here yet, but I will!

6. The Luxembourg Gardens

Étienne’s dark eyes search mine. “What are we doing?” His voice is strained.

I'm going to have to wait till the weather's nicer  but I'm definitely going there (with a book, of course). To be honest, I've seen most of the Parisian Gardens but everyone says the Luxembourg ones are the most lovely and from the pictures, I'm willing to believe them :)

Forget about all the Paris tours based upon Les Misérables or any other Famous French Dead Author's work :D, just do the Anna one!